At their Notebook Media event today, Apple announced two new MacBook models which have adopted new all-metal enclosures, improved graphics performance, and glass Multi-Touch trackpads.
“Apple has invented a whole new way of building notebooks from a single block of aluminum. And, just as important, they are the industry’s greenest notebooks,” said Steve Jobs, Apple’s CEO. “The new MacBooks offer incredible features our users will love —like their stunning all-metal design, great 3D graphics and LED backlit displays—at prices up to $700 less than before.”
– Unibody enclosure
– Mini DisplayPort for Video out
– NVIDIA graphics
– Instant-on LED-backlit displays
– Glass Multi-Touch trackpad with new Multi-Touch gestures
The old low end $1099 MacBook will remain in Apple’s product line and fall to $999, while the new MacBooks will provide the following price points:
– $1299. 13.3″ Glossy Display, 2.0GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M, 160GB HD.
– $1599. 13.3″ Glossy Display, 2.4GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M, 250GB HD.
There appears to be no Firewire port as previously discussed. More details available at http://www.apple.com/macbook/. The new MacBook will be available in early November.