As promised, here’s the review on the new Ovi Mail :).
Ovi Mail By Nokia is a new email service from Ovi. It’s really simple and easy to use and it has some great features with other improvement needed :). It was released in early 2009 as mentioned in their blog post celebrating 10 million accounts created in 18 months all over the globe and i started using it middle October when i got my Nokia 5800 XpressMusic :D. It’s so simple and easy to use, it has a clean interface with basic features.
Now I’m going to talk about about what I love about it and what I think it really could be an improvement, just an opinion 😉
The best things ever that aren’t in any other email service or better than theirs:
– It has one of the easy to use interfaces out there, it’s clean and simple.
– The interface(which I thing is AJAX, correct me if I’m wrong) is so smooth, just the way you read your emails, organize them and reply to them is just an amazing experience.
– I love its folders because they are so simple and once you click on one BOOM it opens so fast (Damn Yahoo!… >_<”) lol.
– It integrates seamlessly with your Nokia device and all the Ovi services such as Ovi Store.
– It syncs your Contacts with the address book in Ovi Mail so you always have your contacts in sync wherever you go 😀 in addition to your Calendar and notes XD.
– Oh yeah, it has IMAP so you can sync it to your desktop client and non Nokia phones. The IMAP is enabled by default and there’s no option to turn it off. Why would you turn off the IMAP ?!
– It’s available in every popular language on earth! and yes even in Arabic 😀
– It has absolutely NO ads!!! 😀 Love ya <3<3<3
Now to the things it needs to improve (It doesn’t suck even without them :p):
– We need more storage! 1Gb isn’t enough at all, hopefully after Nokia’s partnership with Yahoo! we’ll get more.. who knows…
– Filters! I love how I can sync my folders in Ovi Mail with my Tube (a.k.a Nokia 5800 XpressMusic) but I’d love to see where emails belong 🙂 p.S: I still love to organize my emails manually in the web version of Ovi Mail because of the interface :D.
– A better attachment tool, we would like a multi-uploadr for sharing photos and so 🙂
That’s it! Phew…
Now to the real thing, the video review:
From me; if you have a Nokia device you must give it a shut, you’ll be surprised how well it makes communicating easier 🙂 If you don’t have a Nokia device, it still could be a great choice, try it out and decide for your self.
For me, I’ll never stop using it even if it’s only 1Gb of storage 😀
Hope you liked it and let me know what you think in the comments 🙂
Take Care and See You Soon,