It’s so nice to be back and writing again, it has been a long time, sorry for keeping you waiting this long and thank you for your undying patience and loyalty :), it’s an honor to have such a great family online <3.
So, to kick off the blogging season on my blog, I thought I’d start with something light and fun to read. This way you, my readers, will get to know me better other than the geeky Randa, and at the same time this is a way to re-open the blog :).
- I had my first technology experience back when I was 8 years old. We had one of those big white desktop PCs that came with Windows NT (and the floppy disk to reinstall the OS in case of a problem) + a slow yet very satisfactory Internet connection via phone (dial-up). Good old times *^*.
- I cherish milk. Milk is the only drink/food I’d die without having every day at least twice.
- My favorite colors are: Black, crimson red, brown, purple, pastels and hot pink.
- I dislike chocolate except for dark chocolate. My favorite is ‘’Cote d’Or” ’s black chocolate, it’s by far the best one I’ve tasted.
- I can go a whole week without drinking water. I just don’t remember to drink it and I’m not thirsty very often.
- I am a picky eater but I don’t say a thing if something I don’t like is served to me, I just don’t eat it quietly.
- I’m fascinated with Asian culture especially Korean and Japanese.
- Speaking of which, I can fluently read Korean, can speak basic sentences and I’m still working on writing (self learning).
- I am obsessed with Korean music (BIGBANG, 2NE1, Jessica, Brown Eyed Girls, MAMAMOO, T-Ara, BEAST, 2PM…etc) and dramas (My Love From Another Star, She Was Pretty, Oh My Ghostess, Lucky Romance, Doctor Stranger…etc).
- For the last two years I’ve started getting into anime and manga, although I’m still a newbie at those.
- I could eat meat & pasta forever if I could.
- I hate eating fresh vegetables except for carrots and salads that have a strong taste of vinegar.
- Speaking of carrots, my favorite juice is made of carrots, lemons and oranges. It tastes so good.
- My favorite fruit is bananas. Hence the nickname: slim monkey.
- I used to love dentists and always wanted to me one, but then I had an awful experience with a bad dentist on my senior year of college and now I have a serious dentist/dental phobia to the point that when I see someone with that tooth hurting them or a dentist in general, my whole mouth feels like it’s breaking apart.
- I adore horror movies to the point of obsession. My latest favorites are: The Conjuring (1 & 2 although I’m still waiting for the second one to come out on DVD/Blu-ray), The Boy and Unfriended. I definitely recommend checking them out.
- I watched Supernatural, it’s 10 seasons, in under a month last year. Because I wanted to refresh my memory of the earlier episodes and be ready for season 11, which was much better than 10 😀 ❤ .
- I can’t study/work without music blaring through my ears. And I don’t mean instrumental music, but normal with lyrics music.
- I’m a Ubuntu (and a shell) freak. I love it. Although I can’t use it for now, I’m planning to find a way to integrate it better with all my requirements.
- For some reason, I can’t realize when someone is telling me in an indirect way that they like me. I kind of get it later on (maybe a year or two later if I get reminded or if it’s pointed out by one of my friends…) or I don’t get it at all. It’s probably because I like things straight forward, I don’t like going around what’s wanted to be said.
- Speaking of which, I’m brutally honest. Sometimes even too honest and I realize that this can be intimidating or even offensive for others but the thing is, I don’t mean harm by it at all. I just like things to be clear and simple so there’s no grey area left and we’re all on the same page. And as someone’s friend, I take it as my duty to keep my friend’s head clear and in the right direction, even if that means me telling them what they don’t want to hear.
- When I’m really bored or very stressed, I turn off the light, close my bedroom door and lay still in my bed looking at the ceiling. I can stay like that for hours until my mind is clear and I’m energized again.
- I’m not a candy person, but I can’t say no to: gummy bears, Maltesers and Smarties.
- My favorite smells (and sounds in some cases) are: the sea (especially at night), the rain when it hits the earth, certain types of flowers and the smell of clean things.
- I take what I do very seriously, whether it’s school work or just what I love to do. I don’t give up easily, especially if it’s something I’ve worked for so hard and people keep mocking me for it. I tend to overanalyze and think of every single possibility and consequence when faced with important decisions.
- Something which might not be obvious to most people even my friends, I’m quite an affectionate person for someone who hates romantic books, TV shows and movies. I just don’t show it openly and I don’t think I’ve ever shown it to anyone 100% except for my own family. I think showing affection has a right time and place along with the right person and in the right way. Not necessarily words. They say that the best showing of love and affection comes in actions and not in words, and I say it’s 100% true, so pay attention to those around you, they might not say much, but you might mean the world to them. In my whole life I’ve watched one romantic and heartbreaking movie that actually made me cry and I’ve never seen it again after (on purpose): A Walk to Remember. ❤
- If you’ve come this far, you probably realize by now: I’m a philosopher. I really like philosophy, it’s vague and has many doors of questions to be opened and questioned. I think it keeps your mind open and its gears working. My favorite philosopher is: Descartes ❤ . He did his best of work in two of my all time favorite domains: philosophy and mathematics.
- And yes, I adore mathematics, chemistry, biology and philosophy. A weird combination I know and yet somehow you could always find an interconnection between all of them.
- I am a bookworm. I think some of you already know that even if you’ve been following me for a little while. But for you who didn’t know, I’m obsessed with books, although I’ve been in a reading slump for a little over 2 years now 😥 . Still working on fixing that.
- I’m the craziest and the wildest person you can ever meet and at the same time I’m the shiest most introvert person ever. One of the craziest combinations that even my friends can’t understand. Despite being 24/7 serious and I don’t talk a lot and I keep my distance and a very clear and thick line between me and others, if I feel confortable enough around someone and I feel I’m truly welcomed, I become the opposite, still always respectful, serious when needed but also funny, crazy and very talkative too.
That’s it!! If you actually did read everything up to here, thank you. I salute you for your patience and for your commitment to read this even though I might have just wasted a very big portion of your time.
Coming soon on the blog: my all time favorite five apps on Android!